Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Parents want a trip.

Haha, not that kind of trip.

For the whole family. Somewhere safe and boring. They're thinking of Digha. Three or four days right after the Pujos. I'm showing my lack of enthusiasm, but I don't know if they notice. And if they do notice there's bound to be disappointment and anger. The truth is I don't feel like going anywhere with my parents. Not because, as they think, as indeed the reason usually is, they're embarrassing, but because going anywhere with them makes me worry. I don't feel invincible on account of my youth but still, I doubt I can enjoy myself in such a situation. All the talk about safety makes me roll my eyes, do they think they can put up much of a fight?

Also the fact is I'm not in a mood to appreciate the beauty of Nature right now, I want to finish five books in two weeks, I don't want to miss swimming, I don't want silly fears of bus accidents, earthquakes and tsunamis creeping under the anonymity of hotel bedroom covers with me.

I don't even have a camera to take pictures with. At the very best I might be inspired to write, but it's been a while since I thought of my writing as something that required inspiration. No balmy sea breeze for me, tea on time by my greasy sad pillow and warm October sun is quite enough...

1 comment:

Teleute said...

that, was brilliantly expressed.