Monday, July 10, 2006

And the fangirls screamed.

OH GOD I AM REALLY DOING IT.
I AM WRITING TO STEPHEN FRY TO TELL HIM HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM.

Wonder if I can insert a salacious little epistle, codified of course. A double dose of pleasure, don't you see, first the cerebrum-wriggling exercise of deciphering the message-within-the-message, and second the trouser-squirming delight of ... well... having deciphered it.


Classes, semester three, year two, day one: Excellent. Remind me again why we didn't have Old English in the first semester?


Aishwarya keeps hinting at me to blog about things that are consequential. In fact, now that I mention it, I welcome suggestions from all quarters! I can't ever seem to be serious on this website, but I suppose there's no harm in trying. I'm game.

6 comments:

Abhimanyu said...

Personally, I don't see whats wrong with a non-serious blog. A very large majority of bloggers seem to feel the need to write about politics and feminism and global warming and other undoubtedly important things but I think a blog that simpers every now and then about Morrissey is equally readable.

Aishwarya said...

I have been grossly misrepresented!

I don't care whether you choose to blog about Stephen Fry (I got Moab is my Washpot out the library today) or diminishing magnesium reserves, love. Just do it more often!

Sugaree said...

Music music: Prince, baby (The Word on his new album). And Stadium Arcadium! Unlike you, I'm not writing to Stephen Fry to tell him how much i love him. I'm getting a Tee which says Mrs. Kiedis instead.

Oh, and dont go to the new blog (www.mrinalini-sen.blogspot.com) yet. Nothings up. I'm on a blog break. Hoi Hoi from Hoi Hoi land has the old address.

erebus said...

what abt stephen fry fascinates you so?
Wilde? Seen it? that's the role he was born to play.

I love this show of his which is going on now. Absolute Power. Watch it if you can. All about the media and how the spin stories to sell more. Stephen Fry plays this deliciously amoral character. I think you'll love it.

fyn scarlet reed said...

Late replies -
Abhimanyu: 'Simper'! Well I never!

Aishwarya: Diminishing magnesium reserves might be closer to the mark than you think - I'm getting into Geology these days.

Mrinalini: Kiedis the Pepper? Or someone else? I just came back from a blog break myself.

Erebus: He is the darlingest darling to have darlinged in a long time, to make a long story short. I saw and loved 'Wilde', of course, although I missed 'Absolute Power' - it was replaced the very week I heard of it by some shabby, unfunny sitcom.

fyn scarlet reed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.