Sunday, September 10, 2006

WWJD? Whom would Jesus do? It could be... YOU!

So I rediscover an old song whose violiny bits I rather liked. Ah, it's 'Flames' by Vast. Slow and schmoopy and simple, good song for a not-yet-rainy afternoon. And ah, there are the angsty violiny bits. And ok, so the lyrics are utterly useless... 'Close the door, leave your fears behind, let me give you what you're giving me...' And then the guy goes, 'Just put me inside you, I will never ever leave.' Repeats this, more insistent now. Then crooning and violins. By now the song's spell, however cheap and brief, has been utterly broken.

I suppose the reason I collapsed into snickers has to do with a story a friend related this morning, from today's paper (I shall have to ask which one). Something about a group of nuns bringing in a hysterical rickshawallah. The rickshawallah moaned and writhed and rolled his eyes before his anxious audience - some of whom thought the poor man was going through a heart attack. But what was really happening? 'Jesus had come in him'.

Anyway, I'm going to listen to some nice Mahmoud Ahmad songs now and attempt to write something that resembles verse.

2 comments:

nihilistwaffles said...

personally i have been indulging in frequent piano-foreplay these days and this, http://www.myspace.com/gregorymichael, makes it easier...

roswitha said...

Jesus had come in him

JESUS SAVES! With smecks. * dies laughing *