Sunday, October 14, 2007

The reason I don't write here

is that I hate everything else I've written here. I think I will delete everything. A fresh start. I have a new camera. Afraid to even start looking at the user manuals yet, this is the most intimidating mass of technology I have held in my hand. So many fiddly bits, what if I click the wrong one? What if I ruin it on the first day. Hello anxiety disorder. I will take pictures of factories. And crows. A series on crows. I made friends with one when I was fifteen. He would peer at me from up on the windowsill and purr when I sat down to my lunch. I always shared. I would like to take pictures of people at university but I think I'm too shy to dare. But maybe this is what a camera is for? A kind of courage, once removed.

The new Babyshambles: I like the jazzy songs. I like that Pete is pulling himself out of the mire. 'There She Goes' is still one of my favourite tunes, I love the shuffly beat to it. I love that clearly it is about Carl - the Northern soul reference seals it - and shut up shut up it is not about anybody else.

2 comments:

La Figlia Che Piange said...

Delete not please.

Kat said...

I agree with opaline. I myself an completely inspired until I am faced with a text box. Besides I think the totality of the blog with all its little parts is the charm.