Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Be careful what you wish for.

I split my left big toenail on a table leg this morning. This coming less than a month after the same injury to my right big toenail. But that's not all. In the evening I fell down most ridiculously and skinned my left knee. It was outside the college canteen, there's a little slope and I was too busy blathering to even notice. And tipsy tippy shoes. Fortunately I had just bought some chocolate and fruit juice - I am such a baby. And no, I didn't cry. An old man sitting under one of the trees leaned in gravely and advised me on proper ointments. I remember the red stuff, from the time I had my ears pierced as a child.

Dabbed a bit of Dettol on the area. You must realise I have very few experiences of casual injuries, which every parent obsessed with The Cult of Health believes every youngster has a respectable list of. I don't have a history of fall-down-break-my-leg-so-what-LOL, mostly because my sporting activities have largely been restricted to water. Which, er, hasn't bent my bones. Yet.

Another realisation - I tend to become slightly hysterical when I sustain physical injury. Not really so-what-LOL, it's just strangely exhilarating. But then I'm usually a morbid person.

No comments: