Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Let's just say

that I have two new quotes for my 'No! S/he did not just say that!' file.

The feesbook remains lost to me. It is gone, it has gone beyond the Sea, to Valinor...

--

It happened again today. I walk around on campus a lot, I walk around in the department corridors a lot, and every five seconds I'm bang in front of a professor. It's usually either ADG or the Head. And I'm usually in the middle of a conversation (with someone else) or a song (to myself!), and I have half a notion I should say 'Good morning' or something polite like that, but all I do is stare like my brain has temporarily vacated my cranium. I'm reasonably sure the Head doesn't notice, he seems to be in a hurry most of the time, but I'm not sure about, for example, ADG. I don't take up extra space or have my foot stuck out inconveniently, but it's... weird. I don't know if I'm supposed to say 'Good morning' (a bit awkward, I can explain why) or WHAT. I don't want to look creepy, either.

Advice? Please?? And if you laugh I'll hunt you down and kick all your teeth out. Hmph.

4 comments:

rainbeau_peep said...

uhm, whatever u do, don't run about the corridor scratching ur girlfriend and stealing her hairband in front of ADG. poor man doesn't take it well. and don't scold dogs who overturn garbage tubs in front of Suk C. He makes u clean up - more awkward, he joins in. end of Lesson 1.

La Figlia Che Piange said...

i just smile vaguely or look away

Anonymous said...

arre they dont say good morning back to me evr !!i think they cant hear me..so whats the point ??

fyn scarlet reed said...

rainbeau_peep - LOL thanks for the tip... ?? Whew, I don't believe I do any scratching or anything... And I'm all nice and stuff to the department dog(s?).

Srin - I thought about smiling, but I look stoned when I smile, so it may not be the best idea :P

monku - yes, they never do, do they? Grr...